- Take 3 minutes every day. Take 3 minutes every day just for you. Try writing in a journal, meditating, stretching, listening to calming music or reading.
- Make time for family meals. With several activities happening during the holidays, it becomes almost too easy to dine out. Plan for healthy family meal time at home whenever possible.
- Plan your snacks. Avoid going more than 3-4 hours without eating. Opt for a healthy carb + protein snack.
- Schedule your exercise. As our schedules fill up this month, it is harder to find time to exercise. Schedule your exercise in your appointment book and reschedule if something comes up.
- Don’t try to lose 5 pounds. The holidays can be a hard time to lose weight, as many schedules are interrupted by parties and events. Try to maintain, not gain, during the holidays.
- Get 6-8 hours of sleep. A lack of sleep can weaken your immunity and increase your chronic disease risk. Set a bedtime, and stick to it.
- Do less, enjoy more. You may find yourself overdoing it during the holidays. Choose 1-3 holiday activities per week (work holiday party, shop at the mall, write cards) and say “no” to the rest.
Original Source:- https://truehealthdiag.com/7-tips-healthy-holiday-season/